Monday, January 2, 2012

General Ritter Karl von Fasbender - Update #1

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone out there that follows my little blog! Last year was a mixed bag of good and bad for everyone including myself and I hope that 2012 will be a better year for us all. No complaints about the hobby however with lots of amazing miniatures released and the promise of more wonderful pieces this year.

I have been working on three of Ulrich Puchala's very nice WWI era busts and my focus has been on this one representing General Ritter Karl v. Fasbender. All that you see here is in early stages but you can begin to get a feel for the subject. I won't be happy with the face until I have done some more work on details, highlights, shadows and complete the Shako and uniform/coat collars.




Below is a triptych photo showing the process of painting the face to this point. My only thought is the shape of the moustache doesn't taper downward like in the photo. This changes the likeness somewhat for me but still it is a good representation.



No comments:

Post a Comment