It has been quite a while since I last updated (or even really worked on) this little vignette but there has been progress of a sort so I thought I would start off the new year with an brief update. I did do more work on the groundwork as well as a bit of color work on the figures. Trying to find a color palette for three figures that unifies the scene without looking like it was a planned thing can be difficult. I want to go for an earthy tonal value throughout and so I have begun with various greens and browns. There will be splashes of brighter colors such as red and golden yellow to add interest and definition. I hope to spend some time on this once I finish my current Roman subject.