Saturday, March 29, 2014

Something is wrong with George! Completion #2



Something didn't feel right about George! I'm a professional and whether I'm painting for myself or doing a commission, it's gotta be right for somebody.

Well after talking with Mike at Michael Miniatures we agree that the bust needs something more. As I said before, this kit is meant to depict George as President. In an effort to make him more "civilian" in appearance I left the colors a bit monotone (blue) and we both agreed the bust needed something more. Thanks to the fact that this is really Mike's kit and that I am painting the box art for him, we were able to determine something that will add interest, a bit of pop and hopefully help people to want this kit even more. George has been depicted wearing the standard blue overcoat but with a red/scarlet lining that carries over to the collar as it folds over the shoulders. This harks back to his Generals coat and really makes this a more appealing paint job.



Now he is done. (I think)

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention that it incorporates red, white and blue ... colours of the American flag. Well done sir, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete