Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Konrad of Thuringia - Romeo 54mm Teutonic Grand Master - Completed


Finishing touches have been applied to my last little piece before going to the Long Island Show this weekend. It's nice to clear a small bit of space with this and von Mackensen done. The figure is a Romeo 54mm kit and the arms on the shield represent Konrad von Thuringen in 1239. The tree trunk is one Armand Bayardi's little gems. This was a fun and simple piece to paint until getting to the shield. Very satisfying and now I can get back to my work on the other items in various stages of completion that seem to mock me every time I sit at the bench. Enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! Image of heraldry at a very high level of skill! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, which pleases a look! Delightful heraldry! My congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Sergey. I'm glad you like it. I enjoy your work as well. ~Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heraldry is really nice! I want to say also compliments to your work with white - white is such a bad ass to paint and you did a beautiful job here! Keep on happy painting! Best Wishes Roman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Roman, I used to be scared of white but over time I have developed my skills there. Sometimes I get it right, some times not so much. I'll keep working on it.
    ~Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always like that - its only painting itself that brings progress - I like your whites here very much! Keep them coming! Roman

    ReplyDelete