Sunday, March 13, 2011

Soldiers Praetorian Guard - Update #3

There are a lot of updates to catch up on here. This one should get us up to date on this figure as of tonight. I developed further highlights on the mantle. I want to keep the color dark and rich so my highlights never made it past a mid cadmium red tone. The patterns on his tunic are near complete and the shield design has been started. The design will be golden yellow on the red field. I hope to have this piece completed by the coming weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate this miniature becouse your work shows several ways to use the red colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is very important to get tonal variation when the same color is in so many places on a miniature. I use a lot of different paints and mixes to hopefully achieve variety in materials and colors. It is very hard with so much red.

    ~Jim

    ReplyDelete