Thursday, March 24, 2011

Soldiers Roman Decurion Update #2



MFCA is coming soon and I am looking forward to the trip. I have been busy working on completing some commission pieces that I have owed for far too long but at the same time I have been working on this figure a bit at a time.

The horse assembly has finally been completed, taking longer due to some sculpting work that was required to get the saddle cloth halves to align with the cast on straps. In fact I had to remove two of the four straps and resculpt them to get everything aligned and looking right. This is a product of having an older casting.

I have completed the face and am about 3/4 complete on the helmet. The armor is coming along nicely as well, but there is a ways to go before I am anywhere near satisfied. No rush though as there are other far more important pieces to complete before the end of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment