Thursday, April 4, 2013

Young Miniatures Roman Signifer - Update #3

Once the face was far enough along, I felt comfortable base-coating the inside of the fur pelt/helmet and assembling the head/torso/helmet. As can be seen in the pictures, none of these areas are complete. They are however far enough along that in order to tie them all together from a color standpoint I needed them as one big unit.
 

 
However, no matter what I did, I could never get the fur to line up perfectly. As you can see in the photo below there was a good line that needed some work with A+B Putty. I left it loose and the second and third photos show the area after working the putty in and applying texture to it.



 
A base mixture of silver printers ink and Lamp Black oil paint was used to start the armor plate. shadows of pure Lamp Black were applied to outline the plates and a stippling technique was used to blend out those tones.





No comments:

Post a Comment