Here we have our little Roman Marine from EMI with the flesh semi completed. As always there will be further refinements as we go on but it is 98% at this point. As I went to paint this and the Soldier's Roman I realized that I hadn't masked off the greaves on either figure so prior to painting I used some lacquer thinner on a brush and a bit of cloth to remove the primer. After painting the face I peeled off the mask with a fresh Exacto blade and tweezers so we are ready to work on the armor once the flesh dries fully. The feathers have been removed from the helmet until the figure is completed. I've already knocked them off once and I learn from my mistakes. That's what separates us from other mammals.