Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Soldiers Roman Navarca Update #4

Sunday was a very productive painting day for me and reminded me of the old days when I used to be able to get in a marathon painting session with great regularity. Between the cold, snow, NFL Playoffs and needing some peace and quiet I was able to get a lot done on this figure. As you can see in the photos I have completed the torso enough that I was able to glue it to the base and glue the head/mantle assembly to the torso. I will now paint around the feet, finish the boots and start detailing everything from the bottom up. I plan on tweaking a few of the color tones as well with washed and glazes. I usually reserve judgement on where I need to play with the tones until I see the figure all together. Colors effect one another and subtle work with tones can be necessary to get the overall effect just right. I have now begun painting the shield and lance as well. You will note a strong sheen to the blue of the mantle. This is due to the fact that the photos were taken minutes after I finished the initial blocking of colors on the back of the mantle. Indigo dries slightly more matte but I may still have to apply a dullcoat layer in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment