Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bonaparte's Mongol - Completed








The Mongol is completed. This the first BIG figure I have painted in years (besides busts) and was a little fun diversion. It is one of the pieces I owe Chuck Robinson and will be delivered on Friday at MFCA. The kit was nice and had a lot of personality. It did however have a few issues. As mentioned previously I had to sculpt the laces on the shoulder armor plates and some of the attachment points for the bow case and quiver didn't really make any sense. That is because there were NO attachment points. Knowing your Mongols would help if you are doing this figure. I note that it is no longer listed as available on their web-site so some of you may have this in your "grey army" stash.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is just a fantastic job! I am sorry I've been so lax on blogger lately, I will have to go check out some of your past posts. Amazing level of detail in your shading & painting. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete